SO WE INTERVENE IN THE COLOMBIAN AMAZONIA
Pillar 1: Forest Governance
Components of Forest Governance: forest resource planning, strengthening of managerial capacity and promotion of participatory processes
- Forest Resource Planning
The main interventions are focused on:
- Disseminate and train on the zoning of the Forest Reserve of the 2nd Law of 1959, in the jurisdiction of CDA and Corpoamazonia.
- Formulate Forest Management Plans (POF) for 2,000,000 hectares in three departments: Guaviare, Caquetá (Yarí-Caguán) and Putumayo (Mecaya- Sencella).
- Formulate the Forest Management Plans, for 25,000 hectares prioritized in the POF of these three departments, with the purpose of designing community models for sustainable forest utilization, which in turn processing centers for timber and non-timber products and technical, social and business assistance.
- Control and monitoring
The main interventions are focused on:
- Strengthen the Forestry Department of the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (MADS), by carrying out a study for its Administrative, Organizational and Technical Modernization and the implementation of an Integrated Control and Monitoring System for authorizations, mobilizations, control and storage of forest products.
- Strengthening the CDA, Cormacarena, Corpoamazonia and National Natural Parks from two fronts: administrative and technical, to stop deforestation through:
Establishment of fixed and mobile checkpoints.
- The implementation of forestry monitoring and control operations at critical deforestation points, supported by the Forest Bubble strategy.
- The inclusion of the Control to Deforestation activity in the Action Plans of the Monitoring and Control Committees.
- The construction of care centers and valuation of Flora in the sites with the greatest volume of forest forfeiture.
- The creation of a Network of Rural Watchers, as a community strategy to support monitoring and control of deforestation.
- Promoting participatory processes for community forest management
The interventions are focused on:
- Strengthen the technical and administrative capacity of the Forest Tables in Putumayo Caqueta, Guaviare and Meta.
- Participative construction of the Departmental Forest Development Plans for Guaviare, Caqueta, Meta and Putumayo.
- Implement participatory projects in critical municipalities that prove their actions are reducing deforestation.
- Implement an Environmental Education strategy aimed at the Communal Action Boards of the critical deforestation nuclei of Caquetá, Putumayo, Guaviare and Meta.
Pillar 2: Sustainable Sector Development
We have prioritized the municipalities of Caquetá, Guaviare, Putumayo and South of Meta </strong> in the period from 2016 to 2018 , since the arc of deforestation coincides with the projects of transport infrastructure.
At the same time, we support the construction of the Regional Territorial Planning Model for the Colombian Amazon that the DNP performs.
Pillar 3: Agro-environmental development
In 2016, the first year of the Program, we made interventions in the municipalities with the highest numbers of deforestation in Caquetá and Guaviare (Solano, Cartagena del Chairá, San Vicente del Caguán, San José del Guaviare, Return, Calamar and Miraflores), creating priority chains of value: non-timber products, rubber, cocoa and meat and milk products.
In the following years, 2017 and 2018, we will intervene the other departments of the Amazon.
Pillar 4: Environmental Governance with Indigenous Peoples
Our scope , in this pillar, is in the six Amazonian departments : Caquetá, Putumayo, Guaviare, Guainía, Amazonas and Vaupés and covers more than 180 indigenous territories represented in about 55 organizations.
We seek to implement initiatives that will be developed and developed autonomously by the organizations of each department, through a work route agreed jointly between the State and the Regional Table Amazon.
Pillar 5: Enabling capabilities
Forest and Carbon Monitoring System and National Forestry Inventory in the Colombian Amazon.
Continuity in the operation of the Forest and Carbon Monitoring System for Colombia and Implementation and